Deer Valley snow is ON POINT!
Deer Valley Ski Resort, located in wonderful Park City, UT, announced today that they have received 4 feet of snow in just one week with more on it’s way! A delightful way to kickoff an already exceptional ski season. This new Deer Valley snow has visitors and locals just giddy about skiing and boarding Park City.
According to Deer Valley Resort, “We have received four feet of The Greatest Snow On Earth® this week and there is more on the way!” You can get their daily snow report, weather and webcams here. Deer Valley Snow is some of the best in the world.
Utah has and exceptional reputation for good snow and lots of space to get out and play! With 7 areas and 14 resorts there’s no shortage of opportunity to get out and play! “The Greatest Snow On Earth” tag line originally appeared in 1985 with the skier graphic on the Utah license plate and has aptly maintained it’s reputation.
Some fun quick facts about Utah snow according to SkiUtah.com:
- From December through March, more than a foot of snow falls every five days.
- Snow density is 8.5 percent. This creates the perfect “body” to float your skis through powder.
- Monster Dumps! If you live for the snorkel-deep days, the good news is that Utah receives, on average, 18 Monster Dumps (12 inches of snow or more within a 24-hour period) throughout the winter.
- Spring Fever. On average, 6.7 feet of snow falls each April. Spring skiing is a locals’ secret. Now you know.
- Lake Effect. The Great Salt Lake does not freeze, so lake effect is a possibility all ski season long. Resorts within proximity to the lake enjoy lake-effect periods which produce about five percent of the average precipitation from September to May.
- Bluebird Pow Days. Over the course of an extended weekend vacation, it’s very likely you’ll see both new snow and bluebird skies. Do the math, you’ll find nearly 300 days of sunshine a year and a foot of snow every five days (see No. 2).
- No GORE-TEX needed! At 8,750 feet in Utah, 99 percent of the precipitation during the ski season falls in the form of snow.
Now you know that Park City, UT just 30 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport is one of the best ski destinations in the world! We like to think of ourselves as a “stay and play” community where you have the best of everything. From world class skiing, first class dining, shopping and historical main street you’ll quickly learn why we are becoming a skier’s favorite. There’s something for everyone in Park City.
To book your Deer Valley snow ski vacation go online or call 435.645.6658.
For a personalized Park City experience, try our Haute Concierge.